I handle an extensive range of family law matters, including:
- Child Custody and Visitation Cases
- Child Support and Spousal Support (Alimony or Maintenance) Cases
- Paternity Cases
- Same-Sex Cases
- Orders of Protection and Domestic Violence Cases
- Relocation Cases (Where a Parent Wants to Move with a Child)
- Hague Convention Cases (International Custody Cases)
- Post-Judgment (Post-Divorce) and Enforcement Cases
- Modification Cases
- Parental Alienation Cases and Cases Involving Addiction and Mental Health Problems
- Prenuptial, Postnuptial, and Separation Agreements
- Contempt Proceedings (On Both Sides)
Over the past few years, I have been retained more and more often by clients to take over cases previously handled by other attorneys, including some of the most elite family law attorneys in New York City. In every instance, my clients have found my work head and shoulders above the work of their former attorneys. Based on this feedback, I have also started providing second opinions to people who are in the middle of difficult cases and represented by other attorneys.
One word of advice to anyone embroiled in a difficult case: it is unwise and counterproductive for a client to stay with an incompetent, irresponsible, or unethical attorney who fails to meet reasonable expectations or seems to specialize in drawing out and compounding conflicts rather than resolving them. Unfortunately, there seem to be many such attorneys in the field of family law, and it is almost always advisable to cut losses early and switch to a better attorney as soon as possible, rather than holding out hope that an attorney will change. It is rare that a spouse will suddenly change his or her stripes, and it is equally unrealistic to expect an attorney to change.
Although I work principally in New York City, I consider handling matters in Nassau, Suffolk, Westchester, Putnam, and Dutchess Counties on a case-by-case basis.
In exceptional cases where the well-being of children is in serious jeopardy, I consider providing legal representation on a pro bono basis.
Attorney Advertising © Law Office of Raunak Kothari. All rights reserved.